Saturday, June 12, 2010

Musical Chairs

The last few months I've been playing musical chairs with employment. I've gone from construction to educational assistant to security to Prairie South sub desk to Academic Services. And now, one more switch. It wasn't an easy decision, but I've made it. Starting first thing in July, I'll be assistant to the Webmaster at Briercrest College & Seminary, to eventually take the main seat myself. It will be a few rigorous months of training because of the steep learning curve, but I'm very excited! The new position allows me to pay for Seminary as I study, and to gain some pretty awesome experience that will allow me to make money while I wait for that proverbial academic post in the future... whenever that will be. Anyways, web development is fun, so I'm looking forward to digging in.

2 comments:

  1. Attaboy Luke!
    I'm sure proud of the journey you and Jenn are embarked on.
    Webmastering sounds like it'd be even more daunting to learn than greek though. But I'm sure you'll do well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jon! I guess both web stuff and Greek have a lot of 'syntax' to learn. In a couple of weeks I'll be in over my head, but (hopefully) ready for the challenge. I hope things in Westlock are still feeling good for you and Kim!

    ReplyDelete